The first webinars are today at 11 am and 6 pm – please click on the link and Attend today at 11 am or today at 6 pm , for members of the Teaching Assistants (TA), Researching Assistants (RA) and Exam Invigilators to ratify the tentative agreement between PSAC and Ontario Tech University.
As per PSAC Regulation 15, you must attend an informational session to be eligible to cast your vote. Attendance will be tracked and only those who attend will have their member profile updated on the eVoting system, enabling them to vote. PINS will become active on May 27th.
The voting period will open on May 27th, 2020 and close on June 7th, 2020 at 6:00pm.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR WEBINARS:
If you can not attend today, there are 6 other sessions available for you to attend. When you register for a webinar, you will be sent a confirmation email with the option to either log in on your computer, tablet or phone, or you can call the toll free number provided in the email to participate by phone.
You can register for one of the dates at the following link:
Highlights of being a PSAC555 member and the bargaining team achievements:
- Retro Pay and Retro Pay Increases.
- Pay Increase Momentum- The door is now open and as of September 2020 (with the retro pay) the increase will be at 2%, then 2021 another 1%..etc this is a good momentum.
- Initial paid training enshrined in the agreement, for Invigilators.
- Mechanism such as Letters of understanding, Joint Management Meetings and Grievance Process to address problems and any changes in their working conditions, such as fair hiring practices..
- Administration fund increased 5.08 that the local can use to help support the needs of the membership and help support our Community Funds.
- And the PSAC 555 bargaining team just negotiate a LOU for job protections during COVID19
- Other benefits: With unionization Invigilators are eligible to run for local positions, vote on budgets, create proposals for new funds. They have access to funds such as the Hardship/ Medical Benefit Fund, the Professional Development Funds and the COVID19 Emergency Fund.
Speaker: Mathieu Brûlé, PSAC Negotiator
Members must attend an information session (approx. 30 minutes) at one of the listed times prior to completing the on-line voting.
If you have questions you would like to send to Mathieu for him to address in the webinars you can also send them to https://www.psac555.ca/contact-us/
PSAC555 Bargaining Team