Hello PSAC Local 555 Family and Friends:
General Member Meeting and Winter Feast:
General members’ meeting is scheduled for December 5th, 2019 @ 3:30 pm– 5:30 pm in UA1350.
We will be voting on:
- Community Fund Policies
- Executive Expense Policies
- Bylaw Changes
- Budget Changes
We are a Membership-driven Union so please join us and have your say.
You can pre-register and confirm your delegate status anytime by emailing Office@PSAC555.ca. or through the following link.
The PSAC555 Family Winter Gathering and Meal are scheduled for December 5th, 2019 @ 5:30 pm– 6:30 pm.
Every year we donate to the Kinsmen Christmas Hamper campaign.
If you want to take part in the campaign, donations filling hamper and distributing them, please contact our office.
If you are in need of a hamper, please contact our office.
Your 2019 TA/RA/ Invigilator Bargaining Team.
Pedram Karmipour Fard
Alternate: Mahboubeh Ahmadalinezhad (Tara)
PSAC National Negotiator: Mathieu Brûlé
PSAC National Researched: Darren Pacione
The team met on October 17th and is ready for Bargaining.
Their main objective Equality and Justice:
Equal pay for invigilators, TA & RAs. Same work = Same pay!
Equal maximum lengths for Full TAships: 160 hours is (10 hours per week – not 140 hours).
Justice for the funding package and TA wage increases. If the TA/RA wages increase- then funding packages should also increase. It has been $9000, $16000 & $18000 for the last 10 years.
The negotiations are scheduled for Nov. 26 and 27th.
Send you bargaining team a few words of support at Office@PSAC555.ca
Sessional Instructor Updates:
- In September you were told there would be changes to your CPR certification dates. They have since advised us that Clinical Instructor CPR certification qualification will not be changing. Please let our office know if you have any questions or concerns about this.
- We are going to the labour board in August 2020 to deal with Clinical Instructor issues.
o Mileage claims
o Number of students per class
o Appendix A (contract values)
o Contract Language
- We are looking for information from Clinical Instructors about their average class size and how their contracts have been altered based on class size.
Please contact our office if you have any information to share.
Education Sessional Instructors:
- We will also be going to Labour Board in August 2020 to deal with issues we are having with the Faculty of Education and Summer contracts being altered based on class size, please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns regarding Summer Contract Values.
Post-Doctoral Fellow Updates:
The University has completed the audit of your salary payments to investigate the payroll issues affecting Postdoctoral Fellows since January 2019.
You can find the change in your pay due to the reimbursed dues in the paycheque of October 11th
All members should be whole now.
If you have any questions or concerns about your pay, please let our office know and we will walk you through the audit results.
Office Hours for November:
There are office hours available in ERC1085 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Downtown has office hours available on Tuesdays.
There will be no office hours from November 18th to November 22nd.
Please email Office@PSAC555.ca<mailto:Office@PSAC555.ca to book an appointment.
Your elected PSAC555 executive.